Monday, July 26, 2010

A Wedding Cake

I was asked to make a wedding cake a while back and I'm finally getting around to posting about it. The good thing was that it was a fairly last minute request so I didn't have a change to freak out that I was making a wedding cake. Of course, I just happen to have all of the supplies required for a cake without even a trip to the store. And I was in the middle of the flowers Wilton's class and eager to try out my mad skills.



No one does wedding cakes like Martha Stewart and I fell in love with this cake when I saw it and decided to use it as a jumping off point. The daisies are so sweet and simple that it's hard to resist them. And I had a cutter and instructions in my course book. :)


 I ended up making about 100 of the little guys.
The wedding reception was fairly small, so the cake has 6" and 8" tiers of my favorite vanilla cake, lemon curd filling, and buttercream frosting under fondant. It was looking pretty nice sitting on my counter:
But the set up at the reception was beautiful. I got these pictures from the mother of the bride, hope she doesn't mind me sharing.
Congratulations to the bride and groom!

No comments:

Post a Comment