Wednesday, August 4, 2010

An Oldie

So I totally forgot about this cake but by chance (and a dead battery on my part) I found these pictures on the hubbin's cell phone! Probably a good thing too, since this was was a pain (literally and figuratively) and worth posting.



I posted pictures of a bunch of royal icing flowers a while back. This is the cake that they were used on.



Don't remember the cake flavor, but the frosting is good ol' Wilton's buttercream. It was looking pretty jagged that day, overworked it trying to make it in a hurry. The basket weave is suprisingly easy to do, but it takes days to do. The course kit came with two little oval pans so that we would have something small enough to do it our two hour class. Still, a cool trick you see a lot. And like I said in the previous post, I love these flowers.

This little birds are made from color flow icing. I'm not really sure what's in it, probably a lot of sugar, but it dries really hard but fairly brittle.
Front of cake from eye level:
Top of the cake (with bright reflection off of the foil).

No comments:

Post a Comment