Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?


I recently had a request for a SpongeBob cake for a little girl's first birthday. Now I can't condone letting your kid watch this show, since studies show that it impares the brains of the growing ankle biters. But I gleefully encourage you to feed em cake!





I will be honest and say I had a few apprehensions about this cake at first, but I was SO happy with how it turned out! So without further ado:










Check out the awesomeness of the pineapple house. Isn't it cool?





I never watched the show at all. But I have declared Sandy as my very favorite character. She's Texan for goodness sakes! And wears an astronaut suit!







Even her little badge has a tiny little acorn. Adorabs, right?





And oh my, did SpongeBob himself turn out so dapper. His little tie, the tiny teeth, the bright eyes and oddly feminine eyelashes.





 Patrick was my least favorite of these guys. He was a weird little blob.





My new obsession with decorating is the fonts I use. I know, weird, but what are you gonna do? So I downloaded a SpongeBob font online, wrote what I wanted in Word, then printed it out and used it as a guide as I cut out the fondant.





And these weird things are in the background of the show and I thought they really finished off the big blue parts of the cake.





The main cake was my very favorite dark chocolate with peanut butter filling and chocolate ganache. The Pineapple was Magnolia Bakery vanilla with vanilla buttercream.



Happy Birthday Peaches!




1 comment: