Thursday, May 10, 2012

You're my cuppy cake,gumdrop,shyummkums pure




You're my hunny bun, sugar plum, pumpy upmy upmy
upmkin.
You're my sweetie pie.

You're my cuppy cake,gumdrop,shyummkums
pure,
The apple of my eye!

And I love you so, and I want you to know
that i'll always be right here.

And I love to sing this song to you

Because you are so dear!


 


******************************************************


 


It's that time of the year and strawberries are on sale. Yeah, so I made some strawberry cupcakes. Martha Stewart Strawberry Cupcakes. I didn't use the strawberry SMBC from her book because I was low on eggs, but I should have went with it. Seriously, I love SMBC and the strawberries are so good in it. But alas, I went with an ABC and carefully added fresh strawberry puree because it makes the frosting flaccid. Yes, I know, but that really is the only word to describe this process. And you can't recover from it because the only option is more powdered sugar. I'm not a huge fan of ABC in the first place, but it's so easy.


 


So when I went to frost the cupcakes, the frosting wasn't as pretty as normal since it was so soft. And then the bits in the puree clogged the tip and did weird things. Did I mention I overfilled the liners and they spread like crazy? Sprinkles make ugly cupcakes better.


 




(No fancy photos, just a cell phone pick in the carrier this time)


 


The good news is that even ugly cupcakes can taste awesome. I can't tell you how many complements I got on these things. I had two people use the word "heavenly" and two others admit to eating at least three a piece. This is why I bring in three dozen cupcakes to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment