Monday, April 8, 2013

M...I...C.... See ya real soon


While Disney still holds the heart of many kids, I've one one friend who's little guy has gone totally old school and loves Mickey! I think that's pretty cool. So when he had a birthday, a Disney theme was in order.

I mentioned in the last post how I've had kiddos that I've made all sorts of cakes for and Grayson is no exception: baby shower and first birthday. So making his second birthday cake was a blast for me! With special dietary needs, I had to get creative with the cake. And Mom likes BRIGHT, colorful cakes! Which was cool with me. I've done a Mickey cake before, but I needed a little different angle on this one. And when I think Mikey Mouse, I think ears.

I'll be honest, it's been so long I don't remember what frosting recipe I used. But I was apparently pretty proud of how nice and smooth I got it. I'll be honest, that's quite a feat because I'm not great with buttercream, which is why I love fondant. Fondant covers up a multitude of cake sins.

And the finished product! I especially love the Disney font for his name.
 Birthday boy and his awesome momma dancing while we sang Happy Birthday. (I realize these shots are blurry, who knows?) After the candles were blown out, he asked to do it again!
 Th birthday boy digging in:
 Aren't those baby blues and dimples just too much?

The filling is cookies and cream (totes yummy!)


No comments:

Post a Comment